Saturday 18 July 2009

Day 6 - South West Coast - Great roads that I've driven so far...

After almost a week, there are a couple of drives that offer GREAT views:

1) The coastline from Corfe Castle, near Bournemouth, going west to Chesil Beach. I am still thinking about St Catherines Chapel between Chesil Beach and Abbotsbury town.

2) The drive from Brixham, through Dartmouth, along the coast to Hope Cove. Dramatic, isolated coastline with cliffs and panoramic, high-up viewpoints. Go to Hope Cove, in particular.

3) The south Cornwall coast...Lizard Point to Mousehole. Not many villages, lots of space.

4) Tintagel to Clovelly - high cliffs, big seas when the wind blows.

5) Ilfracombe to Minehead, which takes you through Exmoor National park. Some BIG SKY views, and yes, more and more cliffs! Monotonously beautiful.

I'll keep adding to this list as I go...(I've just passed through Cardiff and Swansea, on my way to The Worm's Head hotel in Rhossili, and passed over the Severn Bridges on the Bristol Channel - very impressive.)

PS. There is no cell phone reception or internet access in Rhossili, so I'll be updating tomorrow evening only!

No comments:

Post a Comment